SRC Physio offers a comprehensive physiotherapy and sports injury service in our clinic serving Chepstow, Caldicot, Coleford and surrounding areas.
Su Coombe and the team have extensive experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal problems and injuries. Whether you have suffered a recent injury, have developed pain through overuse or are rehabilitating from surgery, physiotherapy plays an important role.
If you need advice or help with overcoming pain and injuries, we offer individually-tailored and evidence-based physiotherapy treatments to enable a speedy recovery, prevent re-injury and return to normal function. We can also help you with vestibular or balance problems and acupuncture for pain relief. Our aim is to provide a professional and friendly experience, dedicated to ensuring you receive fast and comprehensive care.
At SRC Physio, we do more than just treat your symptoms; we take an holistic approach and expertly diagnose and identify the root cause of your problem to formulate a treatment plan to suit your needs and ensure you reach your health and fitness goals. Our aim is to optimise function, recovery and wellbeing. We offer the highest standards of treatment and individual patient care by experienced Chartered Physiotherapists. We have the skills and experience to treat a wide variety of problems that may prevent you from enjoying your normal day to day lifestyle or hobbies.
The most common problems that we see are listed below, but please ring the clinic or fill in our contact form if you have a question, need advice or would like to discuss your problem in more detail with one of our therapists.
- low back and pelvic pain
- neck pain
- shoulder pain
- knee pain
- hip and groin pain
- ankle/foot pain
- wrist/hand pain
- sports injuries
- arthritic conditons
- tennis and golfer's elbow
- plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendon and calf pain
- joint replacement
- muscle imbalance
- shin splints
- trapped nerves
- whiplash injuries
Our therapists usually use a combination of treatment techniques to get you better. The most commonly used treatments are listed below but please contact us if you want to discuss a specific treatment in more detail or want more information.
what to expect:
If you haven't visited SRC Physio before, we’ve outlined the process of what to expect when attending our clinic.
- You can self refer to Physiotherapy and start treatment whenever you wish. However if you wish to claim your treatment costs back through your medical insurer, please check your insurance policy as they may require you to have authorisation from your GP or consultant before they cover the treatment costs.
- We see people of all ages from children to elderly clients.
- At your first visit, we will need to take a few details so we can keep your GP or specialist informed if required.
We will also need you to consent to the examination and let us know if there are any medical conditions that we need to be aware of. Initial Physiotherapy appointments will take up to 45 minutes as your Physiotherapist will need time to do a thorough assessment, follow up appointments will be 30 minutes long. For specialist services such as vestibular and balance assessments, your appointment may take up to 60 minutes.
- Your first session will include a discussion with the team member treating you, so they can better understand your pain, the cause of pain and your medical history. Bring along any referral letters, scans, reports that you may have relating to your problem.
- You will then be assessed by your physio and your problem will be diagnosed.
- Be prepared to expose bits of your body, if we are looking at your shoulder, knee or back for example, we need to see it! We suggest you bring a pair of shorts if the problem is related to your leg or lower back. For ladies we recommend you wear a vest top if your complaint relates to your upper body/neck.
- Your treatment for your injury or problem many include manual therapy, ultrasound, exercises, massage or acupuncture, depending on the issue.
- At the end of your session, any exercises and/or the best course of action for your treatment will be discussed and agreed with you and as well as identifying any need for further treatment.
- Follow-up consultations/treatments are usually 30 minutes. Your Physio will constantly re-evaluate your progress and give you feedback as to whether they think the appointments required to rehabilitate your injury has changed.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on: 07767 848255 or email: email@example.com